An annual External Examiners' Forum is held towards the end of November/beginning of December each academic year. This is open to both new and existing externals as a potential opportunity to learn more about the process of external examining itself, to debate current issues within Higher Education and to share good practice.
Each Forum will usually include:
- An introductory talk by the Pro Vice-Chancellor and/or Registrar;
- A presentation on the role of the External Examiner and relevant regulations;
- A presentation on the QAE framework of St Mary's, setting the context of the work of External Examiners;
- Lunch with Programme Directors;
- Plenary sessions to discuss topics of interest, for example, around External Examining or Teaching and Learning.
Links are provided below to the agendas, papers and minutes of all past events.
Information from External Examiner Forums