Vision 2025 in the local community
We recently published our vision for St Mary's University, Twickenham over the next ten years. The vision outlines plans to enhance our contribution to the local community alongside growing our students numbers sustainably to ensure the future financial viability of the University.
We are proud of our role in Strawberry Hill and the wider Richmond Borough; we are one of the largest employers in the area, we support local businesses and community organisations, our campus is open for a wide variety of cultural activities, and our sports facilities are widely used by the local people.
St Mary's is developing a Masterplan for our campuses at Strawberry Hill and Teddington Lock. This will help us accommodate the planned measured growth in student numbers and academic activity, whilst ensuring we manage our environment effectively and become more accessible to the local community.
We have agreed with the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames that we will develop a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) for the St Mary's estate. The SPD will guide our development plans over the next decade, and will sit alongside the Council's Village Planning Guidance SPD for Strawberry Hill.
Download our community newsletter
- 25th February 2017: Launch of first Public Consultation - Event 1: St Mary's SPD and Strawberry Hill Village Planning Guidance SPD, Emmanuel Centre
- 24th April 2017 – 22nd May 2017 : Second consultation period on St Mary's SPD
- 24th April 2017 (6-9pm, Shannon Suite): Event 2: St Mary's SPD Community Drop-in Session, St Mary's University
- 6th May 2017 (10.30am-4pm, Students' Union Hall): Event 3: St Mary's SPD Community Drop-in Session, St Mary's University
- 22nd May 2017 (6pm): Feedback submission deadline
We held a public consultation between 24th April - 22nd May on ideas for the development of our estate.
We received a wide range of comments from individuals and organisations. All feedback and responses received from the local community, stakeholders and statutory consultees will be analysed, and inform the development of our draft Supplementary Planning Document.