Last updated: 3rd March 2021
On Monday 22nd February 2021 the government announced that some events can go ahead from 17 May and all legal limits on social contact are likely to be removed from 21 June, we can now be confident that summer events will go ahead!
The Conference and Events team are still working remotely, so if you have an enquiry for an event in June 2021 onwards, we would be delighted to help. We will work closely with you throughout the planning process to ensure a safe event, in adherence to the latest government health and safety advice at all times.
We are also taking part in the 'Meet Out to Help Out' scheme, offering a 20% discount on venue hire for meetings in 2021. Please quote this offer when making an enquiry of this nature.
We will provide updated information regularly and in line with changes to restrictions.
- Reduced room capacities to allow for social distancing (please enquire), implementation of one way systems across the campus, perspex screens on all reception desks and at tills in our catering outlets, directional floor stickers, lift capacity limits and regular temperature checks for visitors to the University.
- An enhanced cleaning regime in place. Tables and chairs will be disinfected before and after every event and between sittings in catering areas. The Refectory and the Dolce Vita cafe have been spaced out to allow safe social distancing.
- Hand sanitising gels will be readily available throughout campus and additional handwashing points have been installed.
- Wearing of face coverings in public areas of the University and when queuing at food outlets.
- Separate entrances to 'Grab and Go' or to be seated for hot food in the Refectory, along with take away options from all outlets.
- Changes to our Terms and Conditions to improve client confidence – increased flexibility on event bookings.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to St Mary's!
St Mary’s University offers a wide range of venues and facilities, residential accommodation and catering options for events, conferences and meetings, set within the historic surroundings of the University's Strawberry Hill campus in Twickenham, South West London.
Situated in a leafy area close to Teddington, Richmond upon Thames and Kingston, and within easy reach of both London Heathrow Airport and central London, our conference facilities, meeting rooms and atmospheric function venues are easily accessible.
Our dedicated conferencing and events team can offer advice about suitable venues and catering choices, as well as providing assistance in planning in the lead-up to your event and on the day.
About St Mary's University
As an inclusive Catholic University, St Mary’s Conferences and Events extend our core values of generosity of spirit, inclusiveness and respect by offering discounted venue hire to third sector and community organisations.
In an effort to support valuable work and ease some of the financial pressure experienced, we offer a discretionary 20% discount on venue hire to charities, voluntary, community organisations and social enterprises. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.