Last updated: 11 November 2020
Unfortunately due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve taken the tough decision to cancel or move any events that were scheduled to take place face to face this year. We are not taking any event bookings for 2020. All events that were scheduled for this year have now been provisionally moved to 2021, and we are closely monitoring government guidance.
If you have an enquiry for an event in 2021 onwards, we would be delighted to help. We will work closely with you throughout the planning process to ensure a safe event through adherence to the latest government health and safety advice at all times.
We are taking part in the 'Meet Out to Help Out' scheme, offering a 20% discount on venue hire for meetings in 2021. Please quote this offer when making your enquiry.
We will provide updated information regularly and in line with changes to restrictions.
- Reduced room capacities to allow for social distancing (please enquire), implementation of one way systems across the campus, perspex screens on all reception desks and at tills in our catering outlets, directional floor stickers, lift capacity limits and regular temperature checks for visitors to the University.
- An enhanced cleaning regime in place. Tables and chairs will be disinfected before and after every event and between sittings in catering areas. The Refectory and the Dolce Vita cafe have been spaced out to allow safe social distancing.
- Hand sanitising gels will be readily available throughout campus and additional handwashing points have been installed.
- Wearing of face coverings in public areas of the University and when queuing at food outlets.
- Separate entrances to 'Grab and Go' or to be seated for hot food in the Refectory, along with take away options from all outlets.
- Changes to our Terms and Conditions to improve client confidence – increased flexibility on event bookings.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to St Mary's!
St Mary’s University offers a wide range of venues and facilities, residential accommodation and catering options for events, conferences and meetings, set within the historic surroundings of the University's Strawberry Hill campus in Twickenham, South West London.
Situated in a leafy area close to Teddington, Richmond upon Thames and Kingston, and within easy reach of both London Heathrow Airport and central London, our conference facilities, meeting rooms and atmospheric function venues are easily accessible.
Our dedicated conferencing and events team can offer advice about suitable venues and catering choices, as well as providing assistance in planning in the lead-up to your event and on the day.
About St Mary's University
As an inclusive Catholic University, St Mary’s Conferences and Events extend our core values of generosity of spirit, inclusiveness and respect by offering discounted venue hire to third sector and community organisations.
In an effort to support valuable work and ease some of the financial pressure experienced, we offer a discretionary 20% discount on venue hire to charities, voluntary, community organisations and social enterprises. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.