All St Mary's students have unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning through St Mary's institutional subscription.
LinkedIn Learning is an online educational platform that features thousands of courses, video tutorials and training resources in a huge range of subjects and topics, from business, technology, and creative skills to wellbeing, emotional intelligence and negotiation skills. LinkedIn materials have been developed by recognised experts from industry, commercial business and academia.
- Over 6,000 courses supporting learning in software, creative and business skills.
- Unlimited access – choose what you'd like to learn from a huge range of courses and videos.
- New content added weekly.
- Insights from 575 million users help predict learning trends that will empower you to learn more.
- Learn from any device – on your computer or your mobile device(s).
- Expert instructors – courses and videos designed by industry and HE professionals.
- Certificates – earn a Linked-in certificate when you complete a course.
- Manage information in your personal profile.
- Keep track of your course history and recent activity.
- Bookmark your favourite courses, videos etc
- Download content to watch offline using the app on your mobile device.
Getting Started with LinkedIn Learning
You can activate your LinkedIn account by clicking this Link and inputting your St Mary's username and password. There is a dedicated Moodle site for LinkedIn Learning with lots of guidance, FAQs and some suggested learning pathways for you to explore.
Connecting your LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn account
You have two options when using LinkedIn Learning. You can keep your LinkedIn Learning account separate, or you can connect your personal LinkedIn account.
If you don't want to open a personal LinkedIn account to set up a personal/professional profile etc, just click 'Continue without LinkedIn'
If you do already have a LinkedIn account or personal/professional profile and want to connect this with your LinkedIn Learning account:
- When you log in to LinkedIn Learning you will need both passwords (St Mary's and LinkedIn).
- Your LinkedIn Learning account will base content suggestions on your personal LinkedIn profile, including content based on your sector, profession, and skills.
- You can add courses you've completed to your personal LinkedIn profile to showcase your learning.
- Public information on your personal LinkedIn profile will be visible to St Mary's through LinkedIn Learning (however no private information such as Inmail messages, personal email address etc is shared).