Terms of Reference
- To direct and monitor the implementation of new or updated institutional initiatives, strategies, policies, processes and regulations affecting the student learning experience within the Faculty and Institutes for reporting to the University's Academic Development Committee.
- To have delegated authority from the Academic Development Committee (ADC) for the consideration, evaluation and approval of all proposals (including collaborative provision) for validation and revalidation of programmes.
- To scrutinise and approve validation and revalidation documentation (including those for collaborative provision), in accordance with the University’s validation and revalidation procedures, to allow the documentation to proceed to an approval event.*
- To scrutinise and approve proposals for modifications to programmes, new modules and modifications to modules.*
- To consider proposals for interruptions and closures of programmes and changes to award titles and make recommendations to the Recruitment Board and then the Academic Development Committee accordingly.
- To have delegated authority from the University's Academic Development Committee for the scrutiny and approval of external examiner appointments, extensions of tenure and extension of duties for programmes (or groups of programmes) within the Faculty/Institute in accordance with the relevant criteria (NB: nominations to be anonymised in agendas and minutes).*
- To scrutinise and approve annual Programme Reviews for all programmes within the Faculty/Institute.*
- To have regular oversight of the Faculty/Institute's progress with meeting its Key Performance Indicators relating to the student learning experience.
- To regularly monitor the Programme Enhancement Plans and RAG ratings for all programmes within the Faculty/Institute.*
- Through the programme monitoring and review procedures, to maintain an oversight of all academic programmes delivered through collaborative partners for whom the Faculty/Institute is the main University link.
- To approve staff of collaborative partners as appropriate to teach and assess on academic programmes and those to be required to undertake the PGCert Academic Practice (Higher Education) programme.
- To receive reports and other relevant communications from relevant PSRBs and to report to the University's Academic Development Committee on the Faculty’s engagement with these bodies
*To be achieved through the use of standardised scrutiny documentation in advance of meetings.
- Associate Dean for Student Experience (Chair)
- University Academic Business Manager
- Student representative x 2
- Head of Department for each Department in the Faculty/ Institute
- Foundation Year Programme Director assigned to the Faculty
- Quality and Standards Managers
- Head of Widening Participation: Student Access and Participation
- Head of Registry Services
- Employability Services representative
- Library representative
- Student Services representative
- TEL representative
- Finance Partner assigned to the Faculty
- *Associate Dean for Learning and Teaching
- *Senior Lecturer in Academic Practice
Secretary in Attendance, Faculty/Institute Senior Administrative Office
*Associate member (attend only when required)
The Committee meets every other month. Additional meetings may be called by the Chair as necessary to execute the business of the Committee. The dates for the next academic session are as follows:
Faculty of Sport, Allied Health and Performance Science
- 22 September 2021
- 20 October 2021
- 17 November 2021
- 15 December 2021
- 19 January 2022
- 16 February 2022
- 16 March 2022
- 13 April 2022
- 18 May 2022
- 15 June 2022
- 22 July 2022
Institutes: Education (IoE), Theology and Liberal Arts (IoTLA), Business Law and Society (IoBLS)
- 29 September 2021
- 3 November 2021
- 8 December 2021
- 26 January 2022
- 23 February 2022
- 30 March 2022
- 27 April 2022
- 25 May 2022
- 29 June 2022
- 19 July 2022