Health and exercise science: facts and ‘fake news’
The School of Sport, Health and Applied Sciences presents a seminar that will explore some common misconceptions within health, exercise and nutrition.
This event is for anyone interested in studying health and exercise science or professionals currently working in the health and fitness industry.
- 9.30am: Arrival / registration
- 9.45am: Introduction (Magali Chohan)
- 10am: 'Decoding health headlines: fact or fiction?' (Dr Nicola Brown). Can we believe everything we read in the mainstream and social media?
- 10.20am: 'The fat burning zone' (Paul Hough). Does exercising in the fat burning zone equal more fat loss?
- 10.40am: 'Becoming a health and fitness ‘guru’' (John Downey). Is health education a waste of time?
- 11am: Break
- 11.15am: Psychobiotics (Magali Chohan). Is your gut the key to health and happiness?
- 11.30am: Open Q&A
- 12pm: Close
Download information pack
Join in the discussion on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ScienceToPractice.
For more information about this event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our news and events mailing list for information about upcoming events at St Mary's.