Location: Margaret Beaufort Institute of Theology, Cambridge
A one-day colloquium exploring issues regarding the nature of Carmelite reform ‘after Teresa of Avila’ addressing central issues of the ‘post-Teresian’ world from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Fr Joy Alumkal OCD
- Rev’d Prof Kevin Alban OCarm
- Sr Jo Robson OCD
- Dr Joana Serrado
- Prof Peter Tyler
The cost of this colloquium is £30, including a sandwich lunch and refreshments.
For booking please contact Ela Wolbek via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223741039.
- 10am: Arrivals, Registration and Coffee
- 10.30am: Introduction and first lecture (Including questions): Sr Jo Robson - Teresa and the Letters of St Jerome: A Formative Reading?
- 11.15am: Short Break
- 11.30am: Second Lecture: Fr Joy Alumkal OCD – Teresa of Avila – Guru with a Darśan: Re-Reading the Interior Castle through the Titeria Upanishad Key
- 12.15pm: Third Lecture: Rev’d Prof Kevin Alban OCarm – Teresa and the Reform of Touraine
- 1pm: Lunch
- 2pm: Fourth Lecture: Dr Joana Serrado - Teresa of Avila in Afro-Brasilian Mysticism: The writings of the slave Rosa Maria, The Egyptian
- 2.45pm: Short Break
- 3pm: Final Lecture: Prof. Peter Tyler: Mindfulness, Oración Mental and The Way of Perfection
- 3.45pm: Final Discussion
- 4pm: Finish
For more information about this event please contact email@example.com.
Subscribe to our news and events mailing list for information about upcoming events at St Mary's.