Creating a Mental Health Friendly School
Location: The Exchange, Twickenham (75 London Road, Twickenham, TW1 1BE)
There are significant mental health challenges facing all our schools. There are also a number of national initiatives underway to address these. St Mary's University and Maudsley Learning (part of a global centre of excellence for mental health research and training) are proud to work together to focus on this important area.
This day-long conference brings together experts to showcase a range of initiatives and would be of significant interest to teachers in leadership roles, designated leads and any colleagues who want to help create more mental health friendly schools.
- Maudsley Learning: Crossing Boundaries - Helping to bring NHS mental health expertise into schools
- St Mary's University: Creativity at the Heart of a Mental Health Friendly School
- Fiona Wilson: Emotionally Informed Learning
- Susannah Robert: Mindfulness in schools
- Jenny Day and Anna Lise Gordon: Nurturing teachers from ITE onwards
- Viki Veale: The power of outdoor learning for younger learners
- Tony Ulatowski: Body Mind Breath™ approach in the primary school
- Sophie Browning: CUES: an award-winning innovative primary school classroom-based workshop programme
- Irene Sclare: DISCOVER: an award-winning innovative schools based workshop programme for 16-18s
- Ben Baig: Child & Adolescent Mental Health: research in action
- Crispin Day: Working effectively with parents to meet children's needs
- Stephen Scott: Whole school approach to reducing bullying and increasing wellbeing: evidence
- Chris Attoe: Simulation training working with Children, Young People and schools
- David Gumbrell: Who comes first? The pupil or the teacher?
Registration for this conference is now closed.
Parking and travel
Unfortunately, the Exchange cannot accommodate parking for delegates and there is no public parking on the Brewery Wharf estate. There are limited parking spaces near the venue for Blue Badge holders. There are public car parks in Twickenham within walking distance of the venue.
We encourage guests visiting the Exchange to travel by public transport where possible. The venue is opposite Twickenham station. Trains to Twickenham run regularly from Waterloo, Vauxhall and Clapham Junction. Bus routes 110, 267 and 281 pass outside the venue.
Subscribe to our news and events mailing list for information about upcoming events at St Mary's.