Sport, Health and Applied Science Research Day
Venue: G7, St Mary’s University
A showcase of research produced by the Faculty of Sport, Health and Applied Science.
When booking you will be asked to select one topic from each session, listed below.
The Level 6 research poster forum and prizes will follow the sessions at 2pm.
Lunch and refreshments will be available.
Session one (9.30-10.30am)
- The female athlete: Participation and performance in sport and exercise
Nicola Brown, Georgie Bruinvels, Emily Cushion, Jessica Hill
- Health science – understanding health-related developing interventions
Kyriaki Myrissa, Megan Le Warne, Anne Majumdar, Fiona Leggat
- Understanding factors affecting performance in physically and psychologically demanding tasks
Julian Dale, Mark Waldron, Carla Meijen, Lubna Ahmed
Session two (11.10am-12.10pm)
- Child and adolescent-focused research across different population groups
Atefeh Omrani, Ryan Mahaffey, Ross Wadey, Cindy Okonkwo
- Elite athletes – Health, injury and performance
Alex Bliss, Diarmuid Daniels, Steph Lazarczuk, Jamie Tallent
- Diet and Supplements – their effect on health and performance
Leta Pilic, Mark Glaister, Eirini Kelaiditi
Session three (12.50-1.35pm)
- Examining and understanding factors affecting performance in elite team sport
Matt Springham, Alex Atack, Chris Pocock
- Recovery and rehabilitation post-injury and major trauma interventions and insights
Luke Hughes, Jade Salim, Phoebe Sanders
- Understanding relationships across the spectrum – from elite coach-athlete, to classroom, to family
Stacy Winter, Joana Fonseca, Carolina Sciplino
Subscribe to our news and events mailing list for information about upcoming events at St Mary's.