Word of God, Words of God
Venue: St Mary’s University, Twickenham
The Catholic Theological Association Annual Conference 2019, the first at St Mary’s since 2014, is devoted to the theme of different types of religious and theological language.
We will be looking at our language about God and religious faith in relation to historical theology, the challenges of post-modernity and atheism, and contemporary Catholic education, and also considering religious language in art and music
- Lewis Ayres (Durham)
- David Brown (formerly St Andrews)
- Stephen Bullivant (St Mary’s)
- Alastair Lockhart (Cambridge)
- Janet Martin Soskice (Cambridge)
- Anthony Towey (St Mary’s)
We will also be welcoming for a special session the composer Roxana Panufnik.
About the event
On Wednesday 4th September there will be a conference dinner at which we will be welcoming Cardinal Vincent Nichols as our guest of honour. Traditionally the Wednesday of the conference is an Open Day when we welcome those who are not members of the association.
On Tuesday 3rd September there will be opportunities for short papers – these can relate to the overall theme of the conference or to other fields of research being carried out by members. Please send ideas to the secretary, Dr Patricia Kelly on P.Kelly@leedstrinity.ac.uk; please also contact her if you wish to join the association.
- Full Residential: £325 (Paid by academic institution)
- Reduced Full Residential: £285 (for those who pay themselves)
- Student Full Residential: £250 (ID required)
- Full non-residential: £235.00 (paid by academic institution)
- Reduced full non-residential: £195.00 (for those who pay themselves)
- Student full non-residential: £160.00 (ID required)
Accommodation is included for the nights of Monday 2nd September to Wednesday 4th September inclusive.
Each rate includes meals and refreshments during the conference. Dinner on Wednesday evening is a more formal occasion.
For more information about this event please contact P.Kelly@leedstrinity.ac.uk.
Subscribe to our news and events mailing list for information about upcoming events at St Mary's.