St Mary's Making a Difference Awards aim to recognise and value the hard work, commitment and achievements of staff members who have made exceptional contributions to the University.
After very careful consideration, the University has decided that the “Making a Difference” recognition scheme will no longer include monetary awards and instead each nominee will receive a congratulatory letter recognising their outstanding work and their name will be published in the Staff Newsletter and shared at VC reports. In addition, all nominees and nominators will be invited to a lunchtime celebration during the year which will be hosted by members of the Senior Leadership Team.
Who can nominate?
Both managers and colleagues can nominate a staff member for a Making a Difference Award. Managers can nominate a staff member for work carried out over and above expectations.
Colleagues can also nominate other colleagues as a thank you for help or assistance they may have received beyond the call of duty, and which truly demonstrates St Mary's values.
What will nominees receive?
- Nominees will receive a congratulatory letter
- They will be mentioned at the VC Reports, and in the Staff Newsletter
- Nominees and nominators will also be invited to a celebratory buffet lunch hosted by the SLT, held twice a year
What constitutes 'Making a Difference'?
Here are some of the reasons, however this list is not exhaustive.
- Raising the profile of the University
- Living St Mary's values
- Providing excellent student support over and above that expected of your role
- Providing excellent customer service over and above that expected of your role
Further information can be found in the Making a Difference - Guidance Notes.