If you are a member of support staff, and not already in a pension scheme, you will automatically be entered into this pension plan if you meet the criteria for an eligible jobholder. The scheme is administered by Aviva (previously Friends Life).
If you are not an eligible jobholder, you will not be automatically enrolled into the pension plan, however, you can elect to join the pension plan should you wish to. You will receive a letter from Aviva to advise that you are not an eligible job holder and this letter will explain how you can join the pension plan should you wish to.
If you are a member of academic staff and not already in a pension scheme, you will be entered into the Teachers Pensions Scheme if you meet the criteria of an eligible jobholder. You will receive a letter from the HR Department confirming this, which will also provide information on how to opt out / the timeframe in which this must be done to receive reimbursement of the pension contribution.
The Local Government Pension Scheme is now closed to new members. If you are a current member of the Local Government Pension Scheme, please note that this scheme is compliant with auto-enrolment legislation.
- Barnett Waddingham (St Mary's pension consultant) - 020 7776 3824
- Aviva (St Mary's auto-enrolment pension provider for support staff) - 0845 6054289
- LGPS (closed to new entrants) - 020 8871 8036
- Teachers Pensions (St Mary's pension provider for academic staff) - 0345 6066166
- For other sources of information on pensions and savings please visit GOV.UK Workplace Pension website.