Academic staff aged between 16 and 75 are automatically entered into the Teachers’ Pensions Scheme irrespective of earnings, therefore the Teachers’ Pensions Scheme is compliant with the auto-enrolment legislation.
In accordance with auto enrolment legislation, St Mary’s is not permitted to hold or issue opt out forms. Should you wish to opt out of TPS, please do so via My Pension Online on the Members Page of the Teachers Pensions website.
My Pension Online (MPO)
My Pension Online is the online secure portal for TPS members, providing 24/7 access to their pension information in a quick and efficient way. Registering for MPO also ensures Teachers' Pensions can effectively communicate information about the scheme to its members. Members can interact with their pension in a whole new way. They can complete a range of tasks such as:
- Checking up on their Benefit Statement
- Viewing payslips and P60's for retired/re-employed members
- Updating personal details
- Completing online TPS forms e.g. applying for retirement, joining/leaving the scheme, updating family & dependant details, etc.
- Accessing a range of personalised tools and calculators
To register onto My Pension Online, please click MPO registration.
Returning to Work after Retirement - Certificate of Re-employment
Members must inform TPS immediately if they take up any employment that is pensionable in the TPS by completing a Certificate of Re-employment. Otherwise, it may result in a pension overpayment Returning to Work after Retirement