Skip to content Exit mobile menu

St Mary’s University warmly welcomes students from the European Union.

St Mary’s has had strong relationships with countries in the EU ever since we were founded in 1850, and we welcome many students from the EU to our beautiful campus just outside the centre of London each year.

We accept qualifications from many different countries for entry onto our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, although applicants from some countries may need an appropriate English language qualification as well.

Entry requirements

To assess your application, we will need to see scanned copies of your qualifications, and for postgraduate applicants this will include a transcript of studies which shows your modules and grades. If you haven’t finished your degree, we will need to see the transcript of what you have studied until now.

If your qualifications and transcripts are not provided in English, we will also need you to provide certified translations of them. A certified translation is a translation of your documents provided by a professional with recognised qualifications and usually a member of a relevant professional translation association in the country they are working. The translator will need to provide the date of the translation, their signature and company details on the translation. Many translators will put a company stamp on the document.

View EU equivalent requirements

English language requirements

Please see our English language requirements page for full information of what we can accept for your programme, including the academic IELTS, TOEFL, and the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency or Advanced Certificate.

If you narrowly miss your IELTS score or you want to improve your English before you begin your degree, we offer pre-sessional English language programmes thatrun over the summer and prepare you for the level of English required for university study.

After you’ve been accepted to study at St Mary’s you may want to develop your English even further and gain more support with your studies. We offer in-sessional English language courses to our current students to help you with the demands of academic English.

Apply online today

For more information on how to apply as an international student please visit our section on  application information.

Undergraduate applicants   Postgraduate applicants


Students from France can apply for our Academic Excellence, Sports Entry or Care Leavers’scholarships.

These are available to new, full-time undergraduate degree students in any subject area. 

In-country Representatives

St Mary's has appointed agents and representatives in Cyprus, France, Italy, Romania, Spain and the UK who can help with your application and preparing for study in London.

Meet us in your country

St Mary’s staff visit the EU to attend fairs, visit schools and meet potential students. Please see our  travel calendar for when we will next be visiting a city near you. 

Meanwhile, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email

The Students’ Union

You are welcomed as a member of our thriving Students’ Union as soon as you arrive at St Mary’s and there are lots of opportunities to get involved.

There are a wide range of clubs and societies for you to join and a full list can be found on the  Students’ Union page.

Post-EU referendum funding

"EU students applying for an undergraduate or master’s course at an English university or further education institution in the 2018 to 2019 academic year will continue to have access to student loans and grants, even if the course concludes after the UK’s exit from the EU." (