St Mary’s University, Twickenham will host the next Train to Teach London event on Saturday 27th April on its Strawberry Hill Campus.
Organised by Get Into Teaching in the Department for Education, the event will give attendees the chance to discover more about teaching and why it could be the perfect career for them. The free event will provide you with a wealth of information on how to get into teaching and how to apply for training in London.
In addition to the St Mary’s Institute of Education, there will be the opportunity to speak to teacher training providers from across London and the South East to help attendees find the perfect place for them to train to teach.
The St Mary’s Institute of Education recently retained its Outstanding rating, awarded first in 2011. The University was graded Outstanding in all areas for both primary and secondary provisions.
In their report Ofsted said of St Mary’s, “Leaders ensure that St Mary’s University’s ethos and values of inclusivity, generosity of spirit, respect and excellence underpin their work with trainees. They prioritise trainees’ well-being, which ensures that trainees and newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are exceptionally well cared for and valued by the partnership.
“As a result, trainees have high expectations of themselves and achieve outstanding outcomes. A special feature of St Mary’s is the bespoke support given to individuals before, during and after they gain qualified teacher status.”
Get into Teaching recommend dropping in to the event at any time from 11am-3pm, allowing at least two hours to:
- first attend a presentation on the different teacher training options – these will take place at 11.30am, 12.30pm and 1.30pm
- speak to teaching experts to receive advice on your training options – please check your eligibility for teacher training before coming along to this event
- receive personalised advice on your UCAS application – don’t forget to bring a copy of your personal statement with you
- talk to practising teachers about life in the classroom
- meet representatives from schools and universities that deliver teacher training in your region to find out about their courses and entry requirements
If you would like to come to this free event, please register on the Get Into Teaching Website.