Module 1 links with the following sections of the National Mentor Standards:
Standard 1: personal qualities
- Be approachable, make time for the student teacher, and prioritise meetings and discussions with them
- Use a range of effective interpersonal skills to respond to the needs of the student teacher
- Offer support with integrity, honesty and respect
- Use appropriate challenge to encourage the student teacher to reflect on their practice. Support the improvement of a student teacher’s teaching by modelling exemplary practice in planning, teaching and assessment.
- Support the improvement of a student teacher’s teaching by modelling exemplary practice in planning, teaching and assessment.
Standard 2: teaching
- Support the student teacher in forming good relationships with pupils, and in developing effective behaviour and classroom management strategies
- Support the student teacher in developing effective approaches to planning, teaching and assessment
- Give constructive, clear and timely feedback on lesson observations
- Enable and encourage the student teacher to evaluate and improve their teaching
Understanding the St Mary's (or other provider) processes and documentation
- Attend and engage with St Mary's input about their processes and documentation.