In the Media...
The Benedict XVI Centre's people and projects are featured frequently in the media, both home and abroad.
Some recent, selected highlights:
- Dr Jacob Phillips is announced as the translator for the English-language version of Pope-Emeritus Benedict XVI's new book-length autobiographical interview with Peter Seewald. Last Testament: In His Own Words will be published by Bloomsbury in November.
- Dr Bullivant's Catholic Herald cover story of signs renewal within British Catholicism can be found here.
- New statistical work on religious 'nones' in Britain by Dr Bullivant was reported on in leading German magazine Der Spiegel (print only).
- Articles by Centre members Dr Ashley Beck (here) and Prof Philip Booth (here) were featured in The Catholic Herald in the run-up to the EU Referendum.
- The Centre's research report Contemporary Catholicism in England and Wales (available here) attracted features across the world, including The Guardian (front page), The Daily Telegraph, Time, The New York Times, Sky News, and BBC Radio 4.
- Dr Stephen Bullivant's Catholic Herald feature on the Catholic Church and social media can be found here.
- Centre's formal launch received wide coverage in the Catholic press, including in The Catholic Herald and Vatican Radio
- Irish Catholic feature article on 'London's new Catholic research institute'.
- Centre members comment on the upcoming EU Referendum in the Catholic Herald (Rev Dr Ashley Beck) and City A.M. (Prof Philip Booth).
The Centre's Director, Stephen Bullivant, was interviewed on two shows for the global Catholic satellite network EWTN. Both shows were recorded in March 2015, at the EWTN studios in Irondale, Alabama.
Here he is on 'EWTN Live', discussing contemporary secularity, Catholicism in Britain, and the 2010 Papal Visit:
And on 'Bookmark', discussing his book The Trinity: How Not to Be a Heretic (Paulist Press, 2015):
Philip Booth's article in The Catholic Herald (reprinted here) on Pope Francis' description of 'an economy that kills'..
Stephen Bullivant's commentary on the latest findings from the Pew Forum's American 'Religious Landscape Survey' was quoted in an article for New Republic by Elizabeth Bruenig.
Pia Matthews writes about her experiences as a peritus to the Synod on the Family in the The Catholic Herald (print version only). The Centre's research, in partnership with the Diocese of Portsmouth, into Catholics who no longer attend Mass regularly is featured in both The Catholic Herald and The Tablet.
Pia Matthews is featured in an article in The Tablet on how participants in the Synod on the Family are preparing. Dr Matthews attended as an expert assistant to the Synod Secretary.
Comment pieces on Pope Francis' encyclical Laudato Si' were published by several Centre members in The Catholic Herald: Ashley Beck, Philip Booth, and Stephen Bullivant. Philip Booth's opinion piece for City AM on corporate social responsibility can be found here.