Fees vary depending on mode of study, area of study and student status, (whether you are full-time or part-time, which subject you are studying and whether you are a UK, EU or International student).
For more information about Postgraduate fees please refer to the Tuition Fee Regulations.
Research degree tuition fees
Doctoral degree loans
To be eligible you must be:
- An English student
- Accepted for PhD study at a UK university
- Not receiving a Research Council living allowance
- Loans of up to £28,673.00 if your course starts on or after 1 August 2023
- Available across all subjects
- Intended to contribute to the costs of your PhD (rather than cover full fees and living costs)
This website will be updated as more details are announced, but FindaPhD.com has a brief guide on UK PhD Loans.