In recognition of under-represented groups in the UK’s technology sector, the 2023 Undergraduate Computer Science Scholarship aims to encourage applications from the following groups:
- female students,
- students from Black, Asian, and other minority ethnicity backgrounds,
- students with a registered disability.
One full tuition fee waiver is available, for all three years of study, for one applicant from the above groups that wishes to pursue the BSc Computer Science programme at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, subject to successful completion of the each year’s study.
To be eligible for consideration for the scholarship you must:
- be from a Black, Asian, or minority ethnicity background, or
- identify as a woman, or
- be registered disabled/have a registered disability.
You must also:
- strongly demonstrate on your UCAS personal statement why you are interested in studying Computer Science and how it fits with your career goals,
- be ordinarily resident in the UK, such that you are eligible for home fee status,
- meet the academic entry criteria for BSc Computer Science at St Mary’s,
- accept an offer to study BSc Computer Science at St Mary’s ahead of the 8th June 2023 UCAS decision deadline,
- be accepted on to BSc Computer Science year one entry in 2023 after placing it as your firm choice in UCAS.
No separate, specific application for this scholarship is required, the successful computer science applicant will be contacted by the beginning of September 2023.