The 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support (QCF) has been developed in partnership with the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS). The course is designed to introduce mentors to the principles of supporting, advising and mentoring talented athletes in managing their personal development and lifestyle.
Date and times
These four-day courses will run from 10am-5pm.
- 5th and 6th October and 9th and 10th November 2019
- 11th and 12th January and 1st and 2nd February 2020
- 4th and 5th April and 2nd and 3rd May 2020
The full cost is £600. The deposit cost is £50.
Whilst enrolled on the course you will study both theoretical and practical aspects of the talented athlete mentoring process. The course comprises of five units of study:
- Support and advise athletes within a performance environment
- Manage athlete support networks within a performance environment
- Support and advise talented athletes through lifestyle change
- Support talented athletes to understand their anti-doping responsibilities
- Support and advise talented athletes to plan their careers
The course is assessed via...
The course is assessed via the submission of a portfolio containing evidence for each unit of study and through the observation of meetings with a talented athlete.
To enrol on this course you must be 18-years-old or over. Prior to certification learners must have attended a recognised Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults workshop (e.g. NSPCC, SCUK) and have completed and passed the UK Anti-Doping Advisor online workshop.
Learners must have access to an appropriate talented athlete, over a minimum of a three-month period.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the 1st4sport (QCF) Level 3 Certificate in Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support.