The First Aid at Work - 3 Day course is a recognised workplace qualification. Whilst enrolled upon this course you will study first aid to the qualification, which is in line with the latest European and UK Resuscitation Council’s guidelines. Upon the successful completion of the three day course you will achieve a First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years and will be a first aider, who is able to take charge of an emergency situation should the need arise.
Dates and Times
There are currently no dates for this course.
The full cost is £185. The deposit cost is £50.
You will learn about and become competent in the following aspects of first aid:
- HSE regulations, record keeping, Personal hygiene, kits & cross infection risks.
- Care of the unconscious casualty: Basic Life Support (CPR), Recovery Position & Spinal Recovery Position.
- Theory & practical use of an Automated External Defibrillator on any casualty aged over 1 years old.
Recognition & treatment of:
- Difficulties in Breathing
- Shock & Fainting
- Heart Conditions & SCA: Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the Young
- Epilepsy & Diabetes
- Burns & Poisons
- Specific major/ minor injuries & severe Bleeding
- Strokes & Head Injuries
- Work, home & sports: Fractures, Dislocations, Strains & Sprains.
- Severe Allergic Reactions plus the administration of the Epipen, Jext & Emerade
The course is assessed via
Continuous observations made by the trainer.
To enrol on this course you must be 18-years-old or over. It is recommended that learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A*-C however exemptions may be made for adult returners with relevant experience.
There is no guidance for anyone to hold any formal qualifications, or experience, for First Aid training. Unless it is being stipulated by the University.
Should your Three-Day First Aid at Work course qualification be due to expire, contact us as you may be able to attend a two days of our three day course as a “First Aid at Work Refresher”. If your Three-Day First Aid at Work course qualification expires you will need to attend the whole three days again.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded with a First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for three years.
Plus a certificate for the use of an Automated External Defibrillator on any casualty aged over 1 years old.
Recognition & Treatment of Severe Allergic Reactions plus the administration of the Epipen, Jext & Emerade
Valid for 1 year in line with current Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines