We offer the opportunity to condense a sport massage course which usually takes four months into only three weeks. As the name suggests it is intensive and requires commitment on your behalf.
The Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage (ITEC) course is designed to give you the understanding and the skills to work in an unsupervised capacity as a sports massage therapist.
Dates and Times
This is a full time course run over three weeks:
- 15 sessions, Monday to Friday on the weeks commencing 22nd June, 6th July and the 20th July 2020 from 9.30am – 4.30pm
The examination date will be an additional day approximately 2 - 3 weeks after the last day of the course. Once agreed with the external provider you will be notified by email.
The full cost is £1,600. The deposit cost is £50.
Whilst enrolled upon this intensive course you will develop your knowledge and understanding of the theory underpinning the practise of sports massage therapy. The course consists of five distinct units:
Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage
Principles of Health and Fitness
Professional Practice in Sports Massage
Understand the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
Sports Massage Treatments
The course encompasses the study of anatomy and physiology including following body systems: cells; skin; skeletal; muscular; joint; nervous; endocrine; cardiovascular; lymphatic; respiratory; digestive; and urinary.
In addition you will study:
- The effects of sports massage
- Benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- Effects of exercise on the body
- Components of fitness
- Principles of training
- Healthy eating
- Professional practice and conduct
- Setting up and management of a practice
- Soft tissue, dysfunction and repair
- Client assessment
- Contra-indications and indications
- Sports Massage treatments
The course is assessed via
- 25 question multiple choice paper
- One hour practical examination
- Evidence of three treatments
- The course also includes three assignments:
- Principles of Health and Fitness
- Professional Practice in Sports Massage
- Understand the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
You will also accumulate a portfolio of evidence of learning, a useful tool for later reference.
It is recommended that Learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A*- C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage. Exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the work place.
Successful students will receive an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage (QCF). Students may wish to progress onto the Level 4 Certificate Sports Massage course.
You will be qualified to work effectively in sporting environments to include people actively engaged in a variety of sports ranging from team club players to individual athletes. You will be qualified for employment in health clubs and remedial clinics.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321