We offer the opportunity to condense a body massage course which usually takes four months into only three weeks. As the name suggests it is intensive and requires commitment on your behalf.
The Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage (ITEC) course is designed to provide training for giving safe massage treatments that are both commercially acceptable and performed in accordance with legislation and establishment rules. Once you have successfully passed this course, you will be a fully qualified masseur who can gain insurance and set up your own business or gain employment within the industry.
Dates and times
This is a full time course 15 sessions run over three weeks:
The examination date will be an additional day approximately 2-3 weeks after the last day of the course. Once agreed with the external provider you will be notified by email.
The full cost is £1,650. The deposit cost is £50.
Whilst enrolled upon the intensive massage course you will study three distinct units:
- Body massage
- Anatomy and physiology
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
You will study anatomy and physiology which covers the following:
- Body systems: skeletal, muscular, circulatory and lymphatic, neurological, endocrine, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive.
- Anatomical planes and positions
- Skin, hair and nails
- Common pathologies affecting each body system
Applying the foundation of knowledge of anatomy and physiology, you will learn how to give a full body massage. During the course you will cover the following:
- Full body massage using a variety of techniques
- The treatment environment and the working area
- Therapist appearance and behaviour
- Client care and preparation
- Legislation and working practices
- Client consultations including contraindications and restrictions
- Reflective practice
- The history and philosophy of massage
- Good practice and legal obligations
- Principles and practice for complementary therapies
Whilst studying you will both give and receive massages so please be prepared; this is a practical, hands-on course.
The course is assessed via
- 36 treatments
- Final practical exam which includes oral questioning
- Written assignments
- Multiple choice paper
If you already hold an equivalent qualification in one of three units (Body massage, Anatomy and physiology, Business Practice for Complementary Therapies), you may receive RPL and be excused from part of the course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this.
It is recommended that Learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A*-C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage, however exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the work place.
Due to the amount of information covered in the course, home studies of approximately five hours per week will be required.
This massage course has a prerequisite of a Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage. The course must be completed prior to starting your massage course. This course is available to study online, see here for details.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage. You will be a fully qualified masseur who can gain insurance and set up your own business or gain employment within the industry.
Book your place now
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321