We offer the opportunity to condense a body massage course which usually takes 4-months into only 2-weeks plus a weekend revision session. As the name suggests it is intensive and it requires commitment on your behalf.
The Intensive Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage (ITEC) course is designed for qualified sports therapists who are keen to expand their client base to include actively engaged people, ranging from team club players to individual athletes.
Following your completion of the Level 3 Sports Massage (ITEC) course, you can build upon your existing knowledge to achieve a comprehensive understanding of injury management. During the intensive level 4 sports massage course you will learn advanced techniques and use tools and skills to be able to assess and treat common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Dates and times
- 12 sessions, Monday to Friday on week commencing 10th July and 17th July 2017 from 9.30am-4.30pm with additional revision on 2nd-3rd September 2017 from 9.30am-4.30pm
- 12 sessions, Monday to Friday on week commencing 9th July and 16th July 2018 from 9.30am-4.30pm with additional revision on 8th-9th September 2018 from 9.30am-4.30pm
The full cost is £760. The deposit cost is £50.
Whilst enrolled upon the intensive course you will study three distinct units:
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
Unit components include:
- Management of injuries
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Postural analysis
- Range of movement tests
- Active, passive and resistive stretches
- Stretching and rehabilitative exercises
- Advanced massage techniques
- Soft tissue release
- Trigger points
The course is assessed via
- Ongoing practical assessments and oral questioning
- A completed Log Book which details sports massage treatments on five clients with evidence of consultations and assessments
- Final practical exam with oral questioning (viva)
- Written assignment: Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
You will also accumulate a portfolio of evidence of learning, a useful tool for later reference.
Candidates must hold a recognised Level 3 Sports Massage qualification. Photocopy evidence of this accreditation must accompany your application. Candidates must also have good health, since the course involves a practical component. A sporting background is advantageous as well.
Due to the amount of information covered in the intensive version of this sports massage course home studies of approximately five hours per week will be required.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be awarded an ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321