The Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage (ITEC) course is designed for qualified sports therapists who are keen to expand their client base to include actively engaged people, ranging from team club players to individual athletes.
Following your completion of the Level 3 Sports Massage (ITEC) course, you can build upon your existing knowledge to achieve a comprehensive understanding of injury management. During the level 4 sports massage course you will learn advanced techniques and use tools and skills to be able to assess and treat common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Dates and Times
12 sessions from 9.30am - 4.30pm on any of the following:
- Wednesday 21st October 2020 to the 27th January 2021
- Sunday 25th October 2020 to the 31st January 2021
- Wednesday 24th March 2021 to the 23rd June 2021
- Sunday 21st March 2021 to the 27th June 2021
The examination date will be an additional day approximately 2 – 3 weeks after the last day of the course. Once agreed with the external provider you will be notified by email.
The Government has now approved that it is safe for massage to return with the appropriate social distancing and health and safety measures in place.
ITEC have introduced a compulsory prerequirement 'Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage RQF Level 2' which we will be taught as part of our course.
We will be providing all necessary PPE throughout the course, this includes: aprons, gloves, face coverings and a visor as well as available hand sanitiser and disinfectant sprays.
- The full cost for the course is £1,000. The deposit cost is £50.
Whilst enrolled upon the level 4 course you will study three distinct units:
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
Unit components include:
- Management of injuries
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Postural analysis
- Range of movement tests
- Active, passive and resistive stretches
- Stretching and rehabilitative exercises
- Advanced massage techniques
- Soft tissue release
- Trigger points
The course is assessed via
- Ongoing practical assessments and oral questioning
- A completed Log Book which details sports massage treatments on five clients with evidence of consultations and assessments
- Final practical exam with oral questioning (viva)
- Written assignment: Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
You will also accumulate a portfolio of evidence of learning, a useful tool for later reference.
Candidates must hold a recognised Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage qualification. Photocopy evidence of this accreditation must accompany your application. Candidates must also have good health, since the course involves a practical component. A sporting background is advantageous as well.
Due to the amount of information covered in the course home studies of approximately five hours per week will be required.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be awarded an ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321