The Taping and Strapping one day Introduction course is designed to familiarise students with the principles of sports taping and strapping for use in sports injury management.
Dates and Times
This one-day course will run from 9.30am - 4.30pm on the following dates:
- Saturday 12th October 2019
- Sunday 26th January 2020
- Wednesday 11th March 2020
- Saturday 20th June 2020
The full cost is £99.
Whilst enrolled upon the sports taping course you will study be able to successfully tape and strap musculoskeletal structures using elasticated and non-elasticated tape, to prevent injury during sport. You will study the following topics:
- Principles of taping and strapping
- Contraindications and indications to taping
- Taping materials available
- Taping procedures of the following joints; foot, ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Taping procedures for muscular structures, compression and support for sporting injuries
The course is assessed via
This course is not assessed.
You are required to hold a Level 3 Sports Massage qualification or the equivalent. Photocopy evidence of this must accompany the application form.
Upon successful completion of the taping and strapping course, you will receive a certificate of attendance, issued by St Mary’s University.