The 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting (QCF) qualification is designed for aspiring weight lifting coaches to be supported in the development of their knowledge of how to effectively support the delivery of coaching sessions in a local club environment.
Dates and Times
Course dates coming soon.
The full cost is £350. The deposit is £50.
The course aims to provide an introduction into the principles and practice of safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of weight lifting sessions for adults and young people in an appropriate environment. The course will prepare you to become an assistant who will normally be under the supervision of an established and ideally more substantially qualified weight lifting coach.
Whilst enrolled upon this course you will study to:
- Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport
- Understanding the principles of planning coaching activities in sport
- Understanding the principles of conducting coaching activities in sport
- Understanding the principles of evaluating coaching Activities in Sport
- Planning coaching activities in weight lifting
- Conducting coaching activities in weight lifting
- Evaluating coaching activities in weight lifting
The course is assessed via
You will be assessed by your tutor throughout the course and by the completion of the 1st4sport Learner Pack inclusive of all assessed written and verbal tasks.
To enrol on this course you must be 17-years-old or over. It is recommended that you have experience in weight lifting and that you are able to communicate in English effectively.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting (QCF). This award is recognised by British Weight Lifting.
You may progress to 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Weight Lifting (QCF).
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321