Our Learn to Lift courses are designed to teach you how to safely lift weights and get fit, in a friendly and supportive environment. The sessions are limited to a maximum of ten participants; you will receive individual attention from the qualified staff that will ensure correct technique.
Dates and times
These courses will run for six Wednesday sessions from either: 5.30-6.30pm or 6.30-7.30pm for levels 1 and 2 and at 7.30-9pm for level three (advanced).
- 15th May to 3rd July 2019 (no sessions on 29th May and 26th June)
- 25th September 2019 to 6th November 2019
- 13th November 2019 to 18th December 2019
- 15th January 2020 to 26th February 2020
- 4th March 2020 to 8th April 2020
- 6th Mary 2020 to 17th June 2020
The full cost is £50 plus booking fee for 1-hour sessions at 5:30pm and 6:30pm.
The full cost is £75 plus booking fee for the 90 minute advanced session at 7:30pm.
The Learn to Lift course is run over a period of six-weeks, and offers three levels of difficulty to cater for all experience and fitness abilities, from beginners to budding Olympians.
The three levels are:
- Level One: An Introduction to Weight Training. This level will suit you if you have little to no gym experience. The focus of the course will be on movement coordination and the learning of a series of exercises.
- Level Two: An Introduction to Strength Training. This level will suit you if you have some gym experience and are looking to increase load and variability into your gym routine.
- Level Three: An Introduction to Olympic Lifting. This level will suit you if you have considerable gym experience and are looking to learn and improve your Olympic weightlifting, for example snatch and, clean and jerk.
To enrol on this course you must be 18-years-old or over.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4321