Radial Pressure Waves (RPW) Shockwave is an effective non-invasive treatment method with minimal negative side effects. This specialised treatment method is indicated for injuries that are normally very difficult to treat. RPW is a treatment method that reduces pain as well as improves function and quality of life.
RPW are compressed air ballistic shock generators. The shockwaves are generated with a precision ballistic mechanism in the hand piece, which accelerates a projectile by compressed air. The motion and weight of the projectile produce kinetic energy, which translates along with the transmitter into sound energy in the form of an acoustic wave. The acoustic wave is transmitted into the tissue via a coupling gel and collectively this is known as “Radial Pressure Wave Therapy”. The propagating acoustic waves functionally stimulate increased blood flow and metabolic activity within the cell.
Find out more...
Special introductory price: £80 per treatment of up to 30 minutes
- Tendinopathies, e.g.Patella Tendinopathy (Jumpers Knee), ITB Friction Syndrome (Runner Knee), Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow), Medial Epicondylitis (Golfers Elbow), Achilles Tendinopathy, plantar fasciitis.
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Myofascial Trigger Points – localised tender or painful area
What can I expect?
- A thorough assessment of problems and injuries
- Focused treatment and aftercare advice and follow up treatments as necessary
Please note: there may be a surcharge for peak times and out of hour bookings.