Tel: 020 8240 4059
Claire has worked extensively within sport coaching and sports development across both elite and community environments. Working for organisations such as Birmingham FA and the Manchester United Foundation Claire has written and delivered several football coaching and leadership programmes aimed at upskilling coaches. Claire completed an MSc in Sport Coaching at Loughborough University in 2013 and an MA in Community Sport Development at Bolon University in 2010.
Claire is a Lecturer in Physical Education and Sport Coaching and teaches on a number of modules on the BA (Hons) Physical Education, Sport and Youth Development and BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching Science.
Claire's research interests lie in the coaching process, the use of performance analysis by coaches and coach development. Claire is currently studying her PhD at the University of Chester. Her PhD focuses on the use of performance analysis with in the coaching process.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Cronin, L., Merchant, D., Allen, J., Mulvenna, C., Cullen, D., Williams, G., & Ellison, P. (2019) Students’ perceptions of autonomy-supportive versus controlling teaching and basic need satisfaction versus frustration in relation to life skills development in PE. Psychology of Sport and Exercise. 44 79-89.
- Cronin, L., Allen, J., Mulvenna, C. & Russell, P. (2018) An investigation of the relationships between the teaching climate, students’ perceived life skills development and well-being within physical education. Journal of Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy (CPES) Article ID: CPES 1371684.
- Mulvenna, C., Leslie-Walker, A., & Moran. M. (2018) An investigation in to how soccer coaches attempt to explicitly address the motives their players have for participating in sport. Oral presentation at: World Congress of Sociology of Sport, 5th-8th June, University of Lausanne.
- Mulvenna, C. (2018) A preliminary examination of the role University study plays in preparation for teaching physical education in the UK. Virtual presentation at the Ninth International Conference on Sport and Society. 19-21st July, 2018, Miami, USA.
- Mulvenna, C., & Leslie-Walker, A. (2018) A preliminary investigation of the motivations for participation, held by female performance soccer players. Lightning talk at Women in Sport and Exercise Conference 2018. 13-14th June 2018, University Of Staffordshire, UK, Stoke On Trent, UK.
- Cronin, L., Marchant, D., Allen, J., Mulvenna, C., Cullen, D., Williams, G., & Ellison, P. (2018) How the bright and dark side of self-determination theory influence students’ life skills development within physical education. Oral Presentation at European College of Sport Science. 4th-7th July 2018, Dublin, Ireland.
- Leslie-Walker, A., Mulvenna, C., & Snape, B. (2018) Unravelling the hidden agenda between female students and extra-curricular physical activity in Higher Education. In: The British Sociological Association Annual Conference - Identity, Community and Social Solidarity, 10-12th April, 2018, Northumbria University UK. (Unpublished)
- Leslie-Walker, A., Mulvenna, C., & Snape, B. (2018) Rekindling Adrenaline in Sport: The Agenda for the Female Tourist. Oral presentation at: World Congress of Sociology of Sport, 5th-8th June, University of Lausanne.
- Mulvenna, C. (2017) A preliminary examination of the pre match agreement of the definitions behind the KPI’s in soccer. Poster Presentation at the 7th ISPAS International Workshop.
- Cronin, L., Russell, P., Mulvenna, C., & Allen, J. (2016). Life skills development and well-being in physical education: The role of the teaching climate. Oral presentation at the British Psychological Society – Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology Conference, Cardiff, UK.
For media enquiries, please contact our Communications and Public Engagement Manager, Sam Yarnold, by emailling firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8240 8262.