Tel: 020 8240 2372
Lloyd joined St. Mary’s University in January 2015. He teaches International Trade Law, Insurance Law, Professional Legal Skills, Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and Work Based Learning for Law. In addition to his teaching roles Lloyd is the Law Programme’s Employability Liaison, in the context of which he is able to draw on his strong links with private practice. Lloyd is also a Mooting Coordinator. Recognising the importance placed on commercial awareness as a graduate attribute, Lloyd designed, implemented and continues to deliver an innovative Commercial Awareness Seminar Series.
Lloyd brings into his teaching role over 7 years’ post qualification experience as a dispute resolution Associate Solicitor within the Commercial Department of Blaser Mills LLP. Following his LPC, Lloyd worked in-house within the legal department of a large insurance firm, before joining the Business Crime and Fraud team at a top tier West London firm. He went on to do his training contract with Blaser Mills LLP before working as an Associate Solicitor, with the additional roles of Trainee Mentor and member of the Risk and Compliance Team. Outside of St. Mary’s Lloyd is a Trustee with Richmond Mencap, a charity working with and for people with learning disabilities.
- Level 6 Tutor
- Mooting Coordinator and Moot Court Judge
- Commercial Awareness Seminar Series Convenor
- Level 6 Work Placement Module Convenor
- Dissertation Supervisor (LLB & LLM)
- Moderator for MA in Theatre Directing
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations:
- Solicitor of The Supreme Court of England & Wales
- Member, Association of Law Teachers
- Member, The Law Society
- Member, Society of Legal Scholars
- Trustee, Richmond MENCAP
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Law, Bloomsbury Campus, London
- Associate Solicitor, Blaser Mills LLP
- Trainee Solicitor, Blaser Mills LLP
- Paralegal, IBB Law
- Paralegal, Letsure Legal Services
Commercial awareness, the legal profession, legal pedagogy.