Tel: 020 8240 8248
An ex-graduate of St Mary’s, Stephanie joined the academic staff in 2016 on the Sport Rehabilitation programmes. After completing a BSc (Hons) in Sport Rehabilitation she began working clinically, and gained experience working in football, rugby, cricket, ice hockey and as a Rehabilitation Instructor for the Ministry of Defence. In 2016, Stephanie also completed an MSc in Strength and Conditioning before returning to St Mary’s as staff. Stephanie gained a PG Cert in Academic Practice and subsequent Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy in 2017.
Currently, Stephanie convenes the Sport Rehabilitation undergraduate Biomechanics 2, Rehab 2 modules and postgraduate Advanced Research Methods but teaches across multiple modules on both programmes. Stephanie is also the Research strand lead for Sport Rehabilitation.
Stephanie’s predominant focus surrounds lower limb injury with an emphasis on musculoskeletal injuries of the thigh in sporting populations. Previous projects have combined a clinical approach with 3D motion analysis to examine the action of rugby kicking for potential sources of injury. Stephanie also has a special interest in hip and groin injuries, particularly hamstring strains and is an invited speaker at the upcoming NATA International Sports Science Medical Conference in January 2019.
- James, A., & Lazarczuk, S. (2019) Epidemiology of injuries in West End performers. Journal of Dance Medicine and Science. (Accepted Jan 2019, queued for print December 2019)
- Lonergan, B., Tallent, J., & Lazarczuk, S. (2018) Needs analysis of Mixed Martial Arts. Journal of Australian Strength and Conditioning. 26(5):40-46.
- Comillas Pontifical University Physiotherapy Meetings (2019) – Invited speaker: Update on Hamstring Injury Research; Workshop: Hamstring injury assessment and rehabilitation. (Madrid, ES)
- NATA International Sports Science & Medical Conference (2019) – Invited speaker: Update of Hamstring Research and Injury Prevention. (London, UK)
- International Society of Biomechanics in Sport Annual Conference (2018) - Bezodis, N., Lazarczuk, S., Mendiguchia, J., Love, T. Rectus femoris mechanics in rugby kicking. (Peer-reviewed conference paper; Auckland, NZ)
- Scandinavian Sports Medicine Congress (Sports Kongres, 2018) – Lazarczuk, S. et al. The risk of kicking-related injury in professional rugby union. (Poster presentation; Copenhagen, DK)
- Rugby Science Network Live (2017). Lazarczuk, S. et al. Epidemiology of kicking injuries in professional rugby union. (ePoster presentation; Bath, UK)
For media enquiries, please contact our Communications and Public Engagement Manager, Sam Yarnold, by emailling email@example.com or calling 020 8240 8262.