£1,000 (paid in the first year of study)
Scholarship of £1,000 cash awarded, in the first year of study only, to UK and Republic of Ireland students who achieve at least AAB at 'A' level or equivalent and:
- have an assessed annual household income of less than £42,875, and
- have completed a means-tested assessment through the relevant awarding authority and agree that their financial information can be shared with St Mary's University, and
- make/have made St Mary's University a firm choice, and
- register on a full-time undergraduate/foundation degree programme at St Mary's University in September 2017.
If the number of applications exceeds the maximum number to be awarded, these scholarships will be awarded to students who have the lowest assessed household income at the time of allocating the Scholarships.
If you have any queries as to whether your qualifications will be counted as being equivalent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The deadline for applications has now passed.
Students who are commencing an undergraduate course and hold at least one of the following qualification or grade combinations will be considered part of the AAB+ equivalent population.
Best three A-levels (including VCE advanced and Scottish Advanced Highers), grades are either:
- A*, A*, A*
- A*, A*, A
- A*, A, A
- A*, A*, B
- A, A, A
- A*, A, B
- A*, A*, C
- A, A, B
- A*, A*, D
- A*, A, C
- A*, B, B
- A*, A* and an A at AS-level
A Double Award A-level counts as two single awards at the grade awarded.
A BTEC National with a grade of:
- Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction*
- Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction
- Distinction*, Distinction, Distinction
- Distinction, Distinction, Distinction
Grade A from a CACHE Level 3 diploma in Child Care and Education.
Grade D1 from an OCR National Extended Diploma.
A distinction from a NPTC Level 3 Land Based Extended Diploma.
Grade A* from a Progression Diploma.
Best five Scottish Highers, grades are either:
- A, A, A, A, A
- A, A, A, A, B
- A, A, A, B, B
- A, A, A, A, C
- A, B, B, B, B
- A, A, B, B, C
- A, A, B, B, B
- A, A, A, A, D
- A, A, A, B, C
- A, A, A, C, C
- A, A, A, B, D
International Baccalaureate with 35 points or more.
Best four Irish Leaving Certificates, grades are either:
- A1, A1, A1, A1
- A1, A1, A1, B1
- A1, A1, A1, A2