St Mary's are committed to nurturing all our students to help them realise their fullest potential, both during their time here and when they leave University.
We work hard to ensure that all students are prepared with the resources and skills they need in order to be competitive graduates who thrive in the labour market, with long rewarding careers.
About Employability Confident
Our Employability Confident programme supports students with a disability, long-term health condition or specific learning difference to recognise and articulate the unique strengths and values they bring to the workplace, enhance their employability, and support them to achieve their future career goals.
As a student on the programme, what will I have access to?
Employability Confident offers you an opportunity to access and participate in career-enhancing initiatives that will help you stand out from the competition and potentially step into and succeed in your chosen career/whatever venture you might turn your hands to when you graduate.
The programme offers you access to three different activities:
- Leadership and Professionalism programme: A series of workshops or webinars designed to help you develop the leadership and professional tools needed to maximise career opportunities. You will be expected to complete a minimum number of workshops to be eligible to undertake the internship or mentoring programme.
- One-to-one mentoring from industry professionals: We will do our best to match you with a successful individual in an area of work of interest to you, providing you with access to invaluable advice and contacts.
- A paid, flexible micro-internship of 30-hours work: Earn money as you gain your professional experience, and sharpen your industry knowledge, networks and skills in the workplace.
How can I find out more and apply?
More information on the Employability Confident programme can be found on our Careers and Employability Moodle pages. This includes information on:
- How and when to apply for the programme, and a link to the application form
- More details about the different activities offered through the programme, when they will take place, and what you will gain from participating
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the programme
If you would like more information about the Employability Confident programme or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
I am an employer or mentor who is interested in the Employability Confident programme, how can I get involved?
Our employers and mentors make an extremely valuable contribution to the programme and it would not be possible to provide the same meaningful and employability-enhancing opportunities to our students without their input and commitment.
Reciprocally, feedback from previous mentors and employers highlights the huge value they also receive from working with our students, who offer unique strengths, perspectives and contributions.
If you are interested in finding out more or getting involved with our Employability Confident programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.