We are the point of contact for overseeing the career management needs of all St Mary's students, graduates and staff.
Who can use the St Mary's University Careers Service?
- Current full-time or part-time student of St Mary's University
- Study abroad student, studying at St Mary's as part of their degree
- Students studying a short course
- Graduates of St Mary's University
- Prospective students who are considering coming to study at St Mary's University
- St Mary's Staff (seen at the discretion of the Head of Service)
What we can offer you
- Forums, workshops, fairs, employer recruitment sessions and coaching sessions delivered by both Careers Consultants and employers. Check out our What's on? calendar, Facebook and Twitter for more details.
- Access to university careers fairs and those organised by The Careers Group.
- Access to a range of predominantly online vacancy services.
- A library containing information about the world of work, information on job-seeking skills, and postgraduate study and specialist professional training, in a mix of digital and paper formats.
- Free, confidential, impartial information, advice and guidance appointments with our trained careers consultants. For more information, click here.
About our team
Profiles are available for everyone in the Careers team.
Providing us with feedback
Client feedback, both positive and negative, underpins continuous, quality improvement of our service and is vital to us.
Complaints will be dealt with in accordance with The Careers Group Complaints Procedure. In the first instance any complaint should be made to an appropriate member of staff. If you are unwilling or feel unable to approach a member of staff, you should raise the matter with the Head of Service. Please contact a member of staff if you would like clarification or a copy of the procedure.
Diversity and accessibility
St Mary's Careers Service subscribes to both St Mary's University and The Careers Group standard of service for the provision of services for users with disabilities. Please ask our staff if you need assistance to enable you to use our facilities and services more effectively.
Please note that our usual opening hours of opening are occasionally subject to change. In the rare event of this, we will notify students via email and through our social media channels.