- get involved and make positive changes in the local community by volunteering
- improve your skills and gain valuable experience
- to arrange a careers appointment to gain support in making a plan or exploring opportunities firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering at St Mary's University
- Member of a student society - Click here to view a list of student societies
- Programme Representative - Programme Reps are current students who share the views and options of the students on their course with their academic teams, SMSU and other Programme Reps across the university.
- Global Peer Mentor - the Global Peer Mentor Programme and the St Mary's Social Programme help International students get the most out of their time at St Mary's. Find out more by contacting email@example.com.
- Faith based volunteer - St Mary's Chaplaincy offer faith based volunteering within the university and local community. To find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sport St Mary's- offer students a range of volunteering opporutnities, for example delivering the recreational SIMMSactive programme or assisting the management team in organising sport on campus. For further information, please visit our website.
Volunteering in the Community:
These websites can help you get started in your search for some volunteering experience:
- Jobs on CareerConnect - St Mary's University online jobs board for students and graduates
- Caritas Westminster - parish volunteering opportunities across the Catholic Diocese of Westminster
- Charity Job - a leading site for the charity, not-for-profit and voluntary sector in the UK
- Do-it.org - a UK-wide database of volunteering opportunities
- Government volunteering - search 'volunteering' and you will find a wide-range of information on volunteering
- Richmond Council for Voluntary Services - this volunteer database includes over 300 local organisations in the London Borough of Richmond
- TimeBank - a database of organisations that recruit volunteers
- Volunteering Matters - national charity leading UK volunteering policy and practice. It has a strong focus on volunteering opportunities in local communities
- opportunties in a wide range of sectors
- vary in length
- can be signicant costs associated with some organisations
- book a careers appointment to find out out for ideas and advice on lower cost schemes
View the organisations that we promote