"Simmy" the chatbot provides a virtual, 24*7 first-line help service for students to help you find the information and answers you need more easily.
Initially, Simmy is only able to handle frequently asked questions from the following areas: IT, Accommodation, Library Services, Careers Services, Counselling, Registry (Student Degree Administration), Fees and Moodle.
However, any questions which Simmy is unable to answer will be logged and this information will be reviewed and used to expand their knowledge over time.
Launch the chatbot
Please begin by checking whether our self-service IT guides can resolve your issue. If the problem persists, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student record information
Staff and student contacts
If you need to look up a member of staff’s phone number or location please use the Directory within Office 365 as follows:
- When creating a new email, click the “To…” button
- If using the Outlook client:
- In the Search window that appears, ensure you have “Global Address List” selected in the Address Book dropdown (to ensure that you are searching the current directory).
- Enter the name of the person you are looking for in the Search bar and click the “Go” button.
- If using the web version of Outlook:
- In the Add recipients window that appears, ensure you have “Default Global Address List” selected on the left (to ensure that you are searching the current directory).
- Enter the name of the person you are looking for in the Search bar.
- Click on the person’s name to display their details.
Similarly, you can find students’ names, email addresses this way.