Acting BA (Hons) at Drama St Mary’s is a rigorous, full-time course that equips you for a career in acting.
Why study Acting (with a Foundation Year)?
This course helps you develop practical, holistic acting skills. You get 30 contact hours a week for 30 weeks of the year. Our tutors are industry professionals who bring their experience and knowledge into our studios.
Our Voice and Movement classes develop the core skills you will need as an actor. Acting classes hone your imagination, technique and stage and screen craft. In the Performance classes you can be playful, experimental, spontaneous and collaborative. The Contextual Studies stream investigates where your work fits into the wider world, both past and present.
In your first year you will build a firm base for your training. This serves as a base for developing your craft in year two through in-house productions and workshops. In your final year you begin your career with public productions, links to industry professionals and a graduate portfolio.
Why St Mary's?
Drama St Mary’s is The University Drama School. We provide the best of Drama School practical training in a university setting. You can enjoy all the best bits of being at university – the campus services, accommodation and being part of a community of students and societies.
Our Greater London campus is on the doorstep of numerous local theatres, and we even have our own theatre at The Exchange.
We have regular guest lectures from leading industry names, and plenty of successful graduates now making a living in the acting profession.
About the Foundation Year
Our four-year degree programmes (including a foundation year) provide an alternative route to undergraduate study at university if you do not have the grades to access higher education in the traditional way.
On successful completion of the Drama Foundation Year pathway - and subject to a successful audition - you will progress on to the three-year undergraduate degree in Acting.
- Drama St Mary's - unlike other drama schools - does not charge an audition fee
- Drama St Mary’s offers Pre-UCAS interviews and auditions that give you feedback before you apply through UCAS
- Up to 30 contact hours a week for 30 weeks of the year, taught by industry professionals
- Opportunity for Central London Showcases
- Rigorous vocational training
- Links to the industry and development of graduate portfolio material
- Drama School Training in a university context - offering personal support and tutorial supervision