A marketing job is one of the most exciting and challenging jobs you can have, and Business Management and Marketing is the course to prepare you for it. This degree course will prepare you for a great career in marketing.
- You will receive a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership from the Charted Management Insitute (subject to CMI moderation).
- Marketing consultancy training
- Work placement opportunities integrated into the second and third year of the programme.
- Rose 29 places in the 2023 Complete University Guide
- Option to study with a placement year of paid work experience
Why study Business Management and Marketing?
Our Business Management and Marketing degree course was designed by top marketing practitioners and academics. It takes into account what employers say about new marketing recruits, what they need from them and this programme aims to meet these needs.
Employers want young marketeers who can:
- Apply marketing ideas and theories in practical situations – whether in planning what to do or in implementing ideas
- Use the latest technological innovations, including the web and social media, to plan and deliver marketing campaigns
- Achieve the best professional management and ethical standards and apply them to the marketing world – with colleagues, businesses and customers
We aim to give you practical experience through our extensive placement and mentoring programmes, which will equip you with hands-on skills and guidance from industry professionals. You will organise your placement with the help of the Workplace Learning Team and can choose to do it in a location that suits you.
Why St Mary's?
St Mary’s is a small and beautiful campus university in London, with a friendly, professional atmosphere. We are near some of the largest marketing companies and surrounded by successful small businesses who need marketing expertise and welcome placements.
You will learn about contemporary issues in marketing (whatever they may be at the time) throughout the degree, making sure you’re in touch with the latest developments in marketing.
Completion of the degree leads to dual accreditation:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and Marketing
- Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership from the Charted Management Institute (CMI), subject to CMI moderation.
You’ll also receive the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Certificate in Professional Marketing if you complete the additional preparation and exams (subject to validation).
About the Foundation Year
Our four-year degree programmes (including a foundation year) provide an alternative route to undergraduate study at university if you do not have the grades to access higher education in the traditional way.
On successful completion of the Business Management Foundation Year pathway you will progress on to the Business Management and Marketing undergraduate degree. You can also choose to study Business Management and Marketing with a placement year of paid work experience.
Business Management and Marketing (with a Foundation Year) is also available with a placement year of paid work experience.
Chat to a student
Have a question about studying at St Mary's?