In a world where technological and social developments are changing the way people interact on an almost daily basis, the importance of effective communication skills has never been higher.
Apply to study Communications and Marketing in 2019: register for Clearing today.
Why study Communications and Marketing?
This ambitious degree - designed in consultation with leading figures in the marketing and communications industries - aims to give you the most up-to-date and effective insight into the world of media relations, the business of marketing and its application in the modern workplace.
The phenomenal growth of the communications and marketing industries presents a huge opportunity for graduates, equipped with the correct skills and knowledge, to make an impact in a wide variety of industries and professions.
On this course you will learn about the theory of communications and the most effective techniques to put across your message. You will learn about consumer behaviour, branding, customer relationships and digital communications. You will also learn to think analytically, strategically and creatively through a series of exciting practical projects designed by industry professionals.
This course looks to help you acquire the most relevant knowledge and skills, learn how to use them effectively and put them into practice in the real world, opening up exciting career opportunities.
Why St Mary's?
By studying Communications and Marketing at St Mary's University you will be part of a lively and diverse learning environment. You are encouraged to join student clubs, attend public lectures and other events that enable you to network and develop your learning beyond your undergraduate studies.
The BA (Hons) Communications and Marketing degree course is built around the same common core as four other related courses also on offer at St Mary’s. You can choose modules enabling you to qualify for the award of a degree in Communications and Marketing or specialise in:
These courses share a common first year, allowing you to modify your pathway at the beginning of year two to reflect your particular interests, strengths and career choices.
In addition to classroom learning, you will have the opportunity to use our media studios and technical equipment to develop your practical skills. You will also have the option to study abroad.
The course is taught by leading academics in the field and industry professionals in an open and friendly environment, with emphasis given to supporting you as an individual.
We work hard to help you to develop your employability skills and this degree programme will allow you to secure meaningful work experience in a range of exciting businesses in London.
- The course is taught by a mix of academic staff and industry professionals, offering the best possible balance of academic and practical expertise
- It is part of a wider range of communications-based degree courses, backed up by a whole department
- Communications and Marketing has been designed in collaboration with leading media and communications industry professionals, incorporating the essential skills and knowledge employers are looking for in newly qualified graduates
- Our historic campus in Twickenham is easily accessible from central London by public transport
- Options to study abroad and undertake industry work placements
- 95% success rate for graduates finding employment or further study within six months (HESA, 2016).