This course is centred around developing your knowledge of data-driven communications and focuses on how data analytics has become essential to marketing.
Apply to study Communications, Data Analytics and Marketing in 2019: Apply through Clearing today.
Why study Communications, Data Analytics and Marketing?
The communications and marketing industries have grown rapidly in recent years, presenting a tremendous opportunity for graduates.
This unique course will teach you about the significance of data analytics and how it's reshaping media relations and marketing. You will learn about the ethical concerns around the use of 'big data', but also develop your own data research skills to create effective marketing campaigns across multiple media platforms.
You will learn about consumer behaviour, branding, customer relationships and digital communications. The degree will enable you to think analytically, strategically and ethically through a series of exciting practical projects that have been designed by industry professionals.
Real world scenarios are used to encourage the implementation of skills you've learnt in an effective way that can open up exciting career opportunities.
Why St Mary's?
We encourage you to join student clubs and attend public lectures and events to enable you to network and develop beyond your studies.
Our Communications, Data Analytics and Marketing degree shares a joint foundation with four other communications courses. As well as this course, you can select modules that allow you to specialise in:
After sharing a general first year of study, you can switch your pathway at the beginning of year two to reflect your interests, abilities and career preferences.
The Data Analytics and Marketing degree has been designed to reflect that data analysis is in particularly high demand in marketing. To specialise in this area, we offer modules in:
- Text Mining and Social Network Analytics
- Segmentation, Targeting and Market Response Model
- Predictive Analytics
The course is taught in an open and friendly environment by leading academics in the field and industry specialists. Emphasis is given to supporting you as an individual and we work hard to help you to develop employability skills. This degree programme allows you to secure meaningful work experience in a range of exciting industries in London.
- The course is taught by a mix of academic staff and industry professionals, offering a balance of academic and practical expertise
- It is part of a wider range of communications-based degree courses, backed up by a whole department
- Designed in collaboration with leading media and communications industry professionals, incorporating the essential skills and knowledge employers are looking for in newly qualified graduates
- 95% success rate for graduates finding employment or further study within six months (HESA, 2016)
- Our historic campus in Twickenham is easily accessible from central London by public transport
- Options to study abroad and undertake industry work placements