Develop your design skills and marketing knowledge on a degree produced in consultation with leading figures in the creative industries. Technology and communications are changing how people interact and effective design and marketing skills have never been more important.
Apply to study Communications, Design and Marketing in 2019: register for Clearing today.
Why study Communications, Design and Marketing?
The communications and marketing industries have grown rapidly in recent years, allowing graduates with the correct skills and knowledge to make an impact in an array of professions.
On this Communications, Design and Marketing course you will learn about the theory and practice of media design. You will discover how to effectively communicate messages to different audiences through various media platforms.
This degree will teach you about consumer behaviour, branding, customer relationships and digital communications. A series of exciting practical design projects (taught in collaboration with industry professionals) will think critically, strategically and creatively.
This course will equip you with relevant knowledge and skills and teach you how to use these techniques effectively, as well as how to put them into practice in real career scenarios.
Why St Mary's?
We offer a lively and diverse learning environment. You are encouraged to network and develop your learning beyond your course studies by joining student clubs and attending public lectures and events.
Our Communications, Design and Marketing degree shares many modules with four other courses. As well as Communications, Media and Marketing, you can choose to specialise in:
These courses share a common first year. This enables you to adjust your course before your second year to reflect your skills, interests and career aspirations.
The Design and Marketing course includes specialist modules in:
- Design and Visual Narratives
- Web Design
- Interactive and User-Centred Design
The course is taught by leading academics in the field and relevant industry experts and our media design facilities and technical equipment will allow you to develop your practical skills.
This degree strives to enhance your employability by helping you to secure meaningful work experience in London.
- Taught through a mix of academic staff and industry professionals, giving you the best possible balance of academic and practical expertise
- 95% of our students are employed on undertaking further studies within six months of graduating (HESA, 2016)
- Designed in collaboration with leading media and communications professionals, incorporating essential skills and knowledge that employers are looking for
- Part of a suite of communications-based degree programmes, supported by a whole department
- Our historic campus in Twickenham is easily accessible from central London by public transport