Acquire deep knowledge and understanding of political audiences, and marketing concepts. Learn to communicate effectively and creatively across multiple information platforms.
Please note: Politics and Communications is not currently taking applications for 2019/20 entry.
Why study Politics and Communications?
This course will provide you with analytical, leadership and management skills, and experience in political and policy-making, and project management in local, national and global contexts.
The public communication sector is a growing ﬁeld with exciting possibilities for reﬂective and creative communicators. This innovative course offers you a combination of background knowledge and an intense focus on applied work, led by university and communication industry experts.
The course will provide you with the skills required to be a committed political and social communicator, enabling you to translate key communication concepts and strategies into public service, political, and policy contexts.
It will support you in developing a practical understanding of how to operate in a digital world with multiple audiences, niches and trends. You will have the opportunity to produce compelling multimedia content that connects and interacts with people and their needs.
Why St Mary's?
Politics and Communications is part of a suite of politics courses - designed with the active help of leading ﬁgures from the world of politics, public communication and policy - that also includes:
Based in the global city of London, this course takes advantage of the capital's status as a national political and administrative centre, and a hub for policy and communications.
- Designed with the active help of leading ﬁgures from the world of politics, public communication and policy
- Taught by a mix of expert academics and industry professionals, offering the best possible balance of academic and practical expertise
- Options to study abroad and undertake industry work placements
- Taught on our campus in Twickenham, easily accessible from central London by public transport
- St Mary's University has a 93% success rate for graduates ﬁnding employment or further study within six months (HESA, 2018)