Develop a reflective understanding of the world of politics in its local, national and international contexts. Understand the key theories, ideologies and developments that shape the current political climate.
Apply to study Politics and International Relations (with a Foundation Year) in 2019: Apply through Clearing today.
Why study Politics and International Relations (with a Foundation Year)?
By studying Politics and International Relations, you will develop skills of thinking and research that will enable you to pursue your career of choice after graduating. The degree prepares you to act as a critical, employment-ready citizen.
This course will equip you to find a fulfilling professional career, outside or inside the world of politics. The course supports this through a combination of rigorous thinking and applied projects mentored by industry professionals.
You will develop an applied understanding of the complex relationship between political theory and practice, and between international relations and diplomatic practice. The course will train your thinking and strengthen your ability to compare political situations, institutions and movements.
Why St Mary's?
The degree harnesses our distinctive London location. London, as s global city, is the national political and administrative capital, and an international hub for politics, policy and communications.
Politics and International Relations is part of a suite of politics courses - designed in consultation with leading figures from the world of politics, public communication and policy - that also includes:
About the Foundation Year
Our four-year degree programmes (including a foundation year) provide an alternative route to undergraduate study at university if you do not have the grades to access higher education in the traditional way.
On successful completion of the Politics Foundation Year pathway you will progress on to the three-year undergraduate degree in Politics and International Relations.
- Designed in collaboration with leading politics, public communication and policy professionals
- Taught by a mix of expert academics and industry professionals, offering the best possible balance of academic and practical expertise
- Options to study abroad and undertake industry work placements
- Taught on our Twickenham campus, easily accessible from central London by public transport
- St Mary's University has a 93% success rate for graduates ﬁnding employment or further study within six months (HESA, 2018)