Develop analytical, leadership and management skills through experience in political, policy-making, and project management in local, national and global contexts.
Why study Politics, Policy and Public Management?
Politics, Policy and Public Management will empower you to be a public leader and a changemaker who understands the signiﬁcance of public service and innovation.
The degree enables you to engage and critically reflect on key theories, ideologies and developments that shape the current political climate in the UK and overseas. The course develops your communication, research and critical thinking skills, and promotes intellectual self-confidence, encouraging you to pursue their chosen career path.
Why St Mary's?
Politics, Policy and Public Management is part of an exciting suite of politics courses - designed in consultation with leading ﬁgures from the world of politics, public communication and policy - that also includes:
Based in the global city of London, this course takes advantage of the capital's status as a national political and administrative centre, as well as being an international hub for politics, policy and communications.
Teaching methods include lectures, individual study and seminars. We ensure that learning is tailored to support your studies.
Particular features of this course include projects, consultancy and team-based intensive learning, as well as work-based learning and community exposure experiences. These will be enhanced by tutorials, access to mentors, the development of applied skills and guided learning through our virtual learning environment.
The course assessment strategy is designed to promote the development of skills and abilities that will be useful to you in pursuing your goals after university.
In addition to completing academic essays, research reports and presentations, you will also complete assessments involving digital content. Classroom contributions, oral examinations and team presentations will also be used to assess modules.
- St Mary's University has a 95% success rate for graduates ﬁnding employment or further study within six months (HESA, 2017)
- Designed in collaboration with leading politics, public communication and policy professionals
- Taught by a mix of expert academics and industry professionals, offering the best possible balance of academic and practical expertise
- Options to study abroad and undertake industry work placements
- Taught on our historic campus in Twickenham is easily accessible from central London by public transport