Preparing you for a high-flying career in tourism - one of the world’s fastest growing service sectors.
Please note: Tourism Management is not currently taking applications for 2019/20 entry.
Why study Tourism Management?
The UK tourism industry accounts for around two million jobs or 5% of all UK employment and is expected to grow rapidly. By 2025, it will be worth over £257 billion, and will support nearly 4 million jobs (VisitBritain).
Our Tourism Management programme gives you the opportunity to develop the skills needed to work in this popular and thriving industry.
You will study the programme as a single honours degree enabling you to consider management roles within the tourism and travel industry but also other related industries such as entertainment, leisure and environmental protection.
Why St Mary's?
Tourism Management at St Mary's exposes students to real life tourism management issues, scenarios and challenges.
During the programme you will:
- Have access to innovative and exciting teaching methods from our experienced team of academics, researchers and visiting professors
- Learn how to manage tourism developments in a more sustainable and socially responsible way
- Gain an understanding of the business context for the tourist industry
- Visit tourism developments in the UK and overseas, such as Prague and Cuba
- Develop insight into how different regions, countries and cities have grown and developed their approaches to tourism.
You will examine a range of tourism management issues from service and operational management to development, sustainability and legal implications.
Optional modules include an industry work placement in London and an opportunity to carry out international fieldwork in Prague and Cuba.
- 6th for course satisfaction in the UK among hospitality, event management and tourism courses (Guardian Uni League Tables 2019).
- Opportunities to undertake graduate-level industry placements as part of this degree
- Overseas fieldwork in your second and third year allows you to explore tourism management in an international context
- Small cohorts and a supportive academic environment
- Dedicated course-specific academic tutor for one-to-one support
- Opportunities to study abroad at partner universities in Spain, France, the US and Australia
- Taught on our historic Strawberry Hill campus, with direct transport links to Central London