We are very pleased to welcome you to St Mary’s University and to the Department of Sport and Exercise Science to study FdSc Sport Coaching.
You will be joining a vibrant and friendly community of students and staff. We have excellent sporting facilities, such as the athletics track, performance halls, and the sport pitches at Teddington Lock, which you will be using during your time here.
We pride ourselves on getting to know students and supporting their journey with us, so we are very much looking forward to meeting you soon!
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
We have planned a programme of events to help you settle in to St Mary’s, which aim to familiarise you with the campus, learn about your programme of study, meet with your lecturers, and connect with your peers.
These include a welcome talk from your programme director where you will receive your timetable and meet your personal tutor, hear from alumni students and have the opportunity to ask them any questions, be introduced to coaching opportunities at St Mary’s and within the local community, and to be challenged in fun team building activities.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open (students living in University accommodation only)
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open (all other students)
- Monday 9th September, 10-11am: Student essentials (K217/K222)
- Monday 9th September, 1-3pm: Meet the staff and learn about the programme (C2)
- Thursday 12th September, 9.30am-12pm: Sports morning (PEC)
- Friday 13th September, 10-11am: Student life (K217/K222)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.
If, for any reason, you are unable to make it to the Student Essentials talk on Monday, we will be repeating it on Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm in K217/K222.