Welcome to St Mary’s and to the Institute of Theology (IOT)! We are delighted that you’ve decided to study bioethics and medical law with us.
Study at postgraduate level thrives when a community of learning can be formed between students and staff, allowing for the exchange of ideas and perspectives as we all learn together. This is a key strength of the MA Bioethics and Medical Law programme here at St Mary’s where you will be joining a friendly, vibrant community.
Year on year students comment on how much they have valued the opportunity to dialogue together and learn from one another.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
An induction session for the complete Institute of Theology suite of Master's programmes will run on Monday 9th September.
The programme will include valuable orientation to the library, IT and other key services and subject specific sessions to the relevant MA programme you are studying on. There will also be time to speak with teaching staff and ask plenty of questions and the opportunity to meet and get to know other postgrad students.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open
- Tuesday 10th September, 9am-7pm: Registration open
- Monday 9th September, 9.30-10.30am: Introductions and welcome (Senior Common Room)
- Monday 9th September, 10.30-11.30am: Bioethics: knowing me, knowing you (B12)
- Monday 9th September, 11.30am-12.30pm: IT/Library induction and overview (M101)
- Monday 9th September, 2-3pm: I'm a Bioethics student! (E7)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.