Congratulations on securing your place on the MSc in Sport Rehabilitation at St Marys University.
Over the next two years you will be studying a range of topics, and will have the opportunity to integrate and enhance your learning with a number of placement experiences.
In terms of preparing for the course before arrival, I would suggest that you review your anatomy, physiology and scientific/academic writing (eg Research Methods). A good understanding of these concepts will put you in a better position to be able to apply the knowledge you learn whilst studying here in a clinical fashion.
Whilst books are very useful (key recommendations below), for Master's level study I suggest you use journal articles as your main resource. This will enable you to explore the depths of the subject area in a level required for discussion in class. Useful text books include:
- Moore KL, Dalley AF, Agur AMR. (2013). Clinically Oriented Anatomy. 7th Edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore, MD.
- Prentice, W, Principles of Athletic Training. 10th- 16th Edition. McGRaw-Hill Education: New York NY
- Patton,K, Mosby’s Hanbook of Anatomy and & Physiology (Sections I, II, and III), Elsevier
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
You will start with the sport rehabilitation team on Tuesday 10th September for a day of induction activities and registration.
As part of the Induction Week MSc Sport Rehabilitation Students are invited to attend a study skills course at an Outdoor Education Centre on Tuesday 10th September 2019 (see attached letter).The trip will involve a series of group tasks that will not only introduce students to each other but develop your professional skills of communication, team work and reasoning.
A more formal introduction to the programme will take place Friday 13th.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open
- Tuesday 10th September, 9am-7pm: Registration open
- Tuesday 10th September, 8.45am: External field trip: Thames Young Mariners
- View field trip letter
- Download field trip medical form
- Tuesday 10th September, 4pm: BBQ (Outside the SU bar)
- Friday 13th September, 9.30-11am: Welcome (PEC)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.