We are very pleased to welcome you to St Mary’s. You will be joining a friendly, vibrant community of students and staff and most importantly an internationally recognised centre of excellence for sports journalism training.
We want to take this opportunity to provide you with some helpful information about the course which will enable you to hit the ground running when teaching begins.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
We have planned an exciting programme of events to help you settle in to St Mary’s. These include a Twickenham stadium tour and Dr Minogue’s book launch where you will be able to network with sports journalists.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open
- Tuesday 10th September, 9am-7pm: Registration open
- Tuesday 10th September, 10.30am-1pm: Meet your lecturers (F5)
- Tuesday 10th September, 1.30-2.30pm: Welcome to Sports Journalism (G1)
- Wednesday 11th September, 10.30am-12.30pm: Sports Gazette introduction (M2)
- Thursday 12th September, 2-4.30pm: Twickenham musuem and stadium tour
- Thursday 12th September, 5.30-7.30pm: 'Sports Journalism: The State of Play' book launch (Waldegrave Suite)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.